"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, May 28, 2012

10 Things and a Piece of Artful Beauty


10 Truths You might not know about me. Photograph follows tomorrow.
  1. I had reoccurring nightmares my whole life. It was of being in a car going up a very very steep hill. The car turns over backward. I never could figure out where it was or why it was until I moved to San Francisco. I made myself learn to drive on the hills to overcome my fear. It is a good thing because I can drive where I live, now, and I know when and where my dream came from. I was about two years old in the car with my grandmother who loved me dearly and I was afraid of going up steep hills. I have seen the exact place I saw  in my dreams, near here. Mystery solved.
  2. I love Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. It took a long time until I discovered that all I ever had to do was click my heals and I would be home. The power lives inside us, always.
  3. My bluejeans set off alarms at Barnes and Noble. I have worn them more than 100 times and washed them as much. Whatever it is does not wash out.
  4. I love to write stories. I love to live stories.
  5. I designed a classroom in a box. It is a large wooden structure which is a puppet theater and a blackboard and there are hooks inside to hang up all of the painting smocks. I have an old travel trunk with drawers full of art supplies and places to hang costumes on built in racks for hangers. I have lots of props and puppets hanging around the top inside.And a box full of musical instruments. Art should be in every persons life. It is crazy that that is the first thing that is cut from the budget. I am a traveling show. This time I landed for 6 years at this school and still going strong. Just use your imagination.
  6. I love being able to download books onto my 4th Kindle. The last one is a Kindle Fire. I was one of the first users of the Kindle. I live 75 miles from the nearest bookstore which is the one I set of alarms in every single time I go there. I have thousands of real books. I love books and I love to read.
  7. When I want to know something or how to do something I  get a book and teach myself.
  8. The most wonderful thing I have learned in my life is how to learn.
  9. My father used to tell me to create my own excitement and to let my conscience be my guide, It was like having Jiminy Cricket for a Dad. I listened to him. When I saw the film Pinocchio it stuck in my mind. The temptation to join the theater is always a great thought. My life is like a theater. Sometimes I just want to close the curtains and be whatever I want and really am.
  10. I love my family and my friends and sometimes I try to love my enemies, too. My cat is my constant companion; he is a crazy baby kitty, still.

I could live anywhere I choose, within reason, of course. I choose to live on top of this mountain. Heather Masse sings "Over The Mountain." where one can be free. This says it all. 

Now for the best part. . .My friend Sara sent a surprise in the mail. I sure needed a pick me up the day it came. Funny how that happens, sometimes. I have been trying to work out a design problem and am unable to make up my mind so I go in circles and never get anywhere, lately.

Above is on the outside table.(FROM SARA) A handmade book some hand spun yarn which is full of yellow feathers and tiny pieces of paper spun into the black and white fibers. Way too cool. A tomato shaped pin cushion. . .fun stuff. And. . . what I am experimenting with today.


The amazing art piece with happiness written all over it.

Click on the photographs to see the detail of the stitching.

I am thrilled to be the recipient of this.



It is just beautiful and I will treasure it always.
Thank you Sara!

xoxoxo to all of you!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

You welcome. My pleasure.

wayne15575 said...

Thank you for sharing your 10 truths with me.

Charlotte Wilson said...

Nice to know you better with your reveal and sara's gift is a happy one!

♥charlotte

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting mine and sharing your truths.
We have more in common than bad eyesight, and indeed it is difficult! I guess it takes me double the time than someone with good eyes to focus, and without live view on my camera, macro photography would be totally over.

There is 3, about the alarm. I had a handbag like that, in some stores it always went off. Strange.
I love writing too and when I like to know more about something I first buy a book and then I look on the internet. Most people work the other way 'round.

Have a nice evening.
Marleen

hootnonny said...

You are a wonderful writer...I've been reading all your Realeyes posts! And ever so talented in other ways! Thanks for visiting shallow me. I had to laugh at your nosey comment...I'm that way too, only I call it curious or interested! Was a lovely gift your friend Sara sent you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully written! Enjoyed reading. :)

Eija said...

Visiting from Beyond Layers -- Lovely to get to know something about you. Beautifully written, and I just have to follow you from now on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612