"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Beyond Tender Buttons



I spent the afternoon working on this photograph yesterday
never feeling it was quite right. I kept thinking about my mother
and my daughter
and my friend Sara's Mother.
Sara's Mother passed away in the night before. We had just talked
by e-mail the day before. That was a shock that sent my spirit
plunging. I had spent the afternoon with my mom right after we talked.
Sara was on her way to visit with her mother and that was the
last I heard until the sad news. I am so glad I spent the day with my mom.
It is a very hard thing for me that she is not living here with me anymore.
I struggle with this every single day. The sadness is hard for us both.
It is always the little things that matter the most, isn't it?
Mom has physical problems that are beyond my scope of caring for her needs.
Tomorrow is Mother's Day.
We are taking her out to breakfast and a nice visit.
She wants to be back to her new home at the care center before 1:45 pm.
They are having a party for the residents. That makes me smile.
She has lots of friends, now. That makes me smile.
OK back to the photograph. I wished I had some flowers to photograph instead
of the silk scarf thingy.
My honey came home with a large box full of flowers from my sweet daughter.
What a nice surprise that is. Am I lucky or what?
Below are the flowers and what I did with one of them for the assignment
from Kim Klassen. I am so glad I decided to take this challenge for the year.
It helps me to think about other things.

I hope that all of the mothers that visit my space have a very wonderful day!
xoxoxo














3 comments:

fjord girl said...

So sad to read about your friends loss.
To me it sounds surreal as I am listing to my mom play the piano in the background, spending time with her means everything to me....and something so simple as listening to her play in the background makes me feel so happy inside that she is here...if only for a little while.

I wish you and your mother a lovely mothersday.
Love to you Bobbie.

Penny Berens said...

Such sadness on this mother's day for your friend but happy for your mother and her busy social calendar.

Anonymous said...

Such a sad story about your friend's mom. Mother's day will never be the same to her from now on, but it will always bring an extra memory. I can relate so well to your feelings. If there's one thing about my burnout that's positive, then it's realizing that I have to cherrish the moments I can still have with my mother. Work can change, situations too, financial and material things can be replaced or lived without but we will never ever get a second mother (or father, or children for that matter).
You made a nice picture! All the best to you and give your friend a big hug!
Marleen (Beyond Layers II)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612