"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Guinea Hens and A White Dressed Lady

Guinea Hens? Did I tell you about my guinea hens? Let me think. . . Well, they were the cutest things, so graphic. I loved the black and whiteness of them with the red top knots. The noise they make is very different from my other chickens. One day they were wandering about the woods and that was quite normal for them. When evening would be coming soon they found the way back home and would join the rest of the chickens to climb up the ramp and go inside the chicken house. I would lock it up at night.
We have chicken hawks and falcons that fly above this mountain. The critters would run to hide and make quite a commotion.
Well, the one day I started to tell you about was unusual in that they did not come home to roost. I looked for them in the woods and I thought I could hear them. They were really gone.
For a year I missed them. One day, here they come, babies following behind them or should I say between them. I was so happy to see them.
Another mystery to think about.
This place is supposed to be haunted. It has been said that there is a female ghost who walks on our road at night. Many people say they have seen her. The thing about night around here is that it is darker than the road that goes over the top of the mountain at Yosemite. The stars are amazing here and there.
Once,my honey turned off the lights when we were heading for the other side of the mountain in Cali.
That scared me half to death. I know every single bump and rut in the road here and it is possible to close my eyes to drive it. But I do not do that. Besides, I might come across the lady in white and that would be the end of her.
Thank you to those who responded to my soul bearing post last written. I really appreciate what you had to say. I thought about it all and realized that perhaps I do reveal my true self all the time.
Being a bit Zany, once in a while, I do that. It is OK. I think about being free to be me and you.
Last night I folded some white felted wool and dyed it red. No photo's yet but that will come soon.
Gardening is high on the list of things to do if it would just stop raining. It did stop, for now.
My kids in class are way too fun. We had much interest in working on the shadow puppet show today.
Next week is the last day picnic. Can not wait. It is always fun.
I drove through town on my way to school this morning and it is really being done up nicely for the tour.
There is going to be music at the old train station. Lots of food and festivities. People come from all over to enjoy the day. The coolest house, I think, is the one that has a room dedicated to the Masonic Lodge and brotherhood. It is unbelievable. It reminds me of Alexandria, Virginia. If you have ever been there you know what I mean. This house was built by one of the first millionaires in the area. Victorian of course. That was when a million was like a billion, today.
OK, I have rambled enough for this day. I just wanted to thank everyone, again.
Now, I need to go read my e-mail to see what the assignment is for the Beyond Layers class and then think on that for a while.
I hope you all have a nice Friday, tomorrow. xoxox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612