"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day ~ Suicide?



I can bake a cake
but
I can't eat it too
You know that I am supposed to be on a gluten free diet, WELL, This morning I am heading out to buy Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day and Knitting Green.

Well, I am home again, they just called from my school to say we are under snow conditions, yet again. Until at least Friday. So, I guess I'll be working on my art work, again. Gee, that is too bad! But I really miss my kids.

When I last wrote on this post it was early early morning before the sun??? came up. No sun. Anyway, my point is that I thought it was kinda funny that one could really kill themselves with food. Not that I would ever do anything like that intentionally, ever.

But, I am reading a cool book written by Orangette called " A Homemade Life". I am sitting here with tears in my eyes because she really knows me. We are cut from the same cloth, a little bit. This cooking thing and the homey thing and that her dad is the only person in the world that knows my  secret ingredient for Potato Salad. I have always used the package kind of Ranch Dressing. I sprinkle it on the red potatoes before anything else and set the bowl to chill. I toss and toss to make sure each potato is coated pretty well. Salt, too. Then I proceed to the rest of the ingredients. Now, Mayonnaise is a deal breaker with me. If you bring home the wrong kind you can just turn around and leave. It is funny because my Honey and I just had this conversation the other day! I asked him "What were you thinking?"," And how many years have we been married?????" It is a very big deal, to me. Real Mayonnaise by Hellmans! My dad was 73 when he passed on and left me here without him. I loved my dad more than anything. I had him on a pedestal. He fell off and broke my heart which is another story. But I loved him so very much and I miss him so very much. It is that Danish way about him that you could see in his beautiful blue eyes. He was so through and through Danish. I didn't know how much until I was grown and found out that, a lot of things, I automatically think, came from that, too. My grandparents were very interesting people and I miss them. Well, I am not going to write a book here, now. I just wanted to say that I am in the midst of reading this wonderful book and I just want to share. I also wanted to let you know that I am not really going to do a suicide by bread thing.
Besides I couldn't get that book, anyway.

So, I am going to go and try to finish putting my groceries away and finish what I started yesterday, you know, the organization bit, minus the panic attack. I am looking at it in a different way, today. SLOW ORGANIZATION. I am getting very Zen, these days.

Oh and one more thing, I put the video of Georgia O'Keeffe on because I loved her and visited her home and I miss the area and this morning very very early I ordered another bunch of yarn from Camilla Bloom from Magnolia Handspun that looks like a Georgia painting  and I am going to make a Georgia Mag Bag.

5 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Nice post. Food for thought. No pun intended. Well maybe a little.

Patricia said...

Last night I saved a life.
My cat had a plastic bag over his head, was in panic and almost couldn't breathe.
I am getting ZEN too :) Is'nt that great?

Shirley said...

I miss Dad too.

Unknown said...

Wow. I have that Homemade life book too! In fact I got two copies, one to send to my friend in East Texas. I also have the Artisan Bread book and it is great! So easy. Bonnie does it too. I just made a really "high" apple pie for Steve's birthday. Wish I had a piece right now...Glad you are not in a panic anymore!

Magnolia Handspun said...

Oh that Georgia...there is just something about her. I love how she gives right back to the woman interviewing her with the silly questions! hah! She is special. She is exraordinary.
I love what she said about the white bones against the sky...I feel the same way.
A while back I had the kids do a unit study on her- it was so fun...at the end they painted their own interpritations of some skulls and flowers...
Thank you for this.
...and it seems to me that red is something you enjoy...hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612