"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Santa Fe Magnolia Bag ~ Beading


This is my favorite bag
I finally figured out the way to finish the top lining!
Antique French Ribbon and Beads around the Rim
over
Hand dyed Shibori silk

Red Leather Strap

sculpy and bead bauble which is a separate thing

The Magnolia Handspun Colorway is one of my favorites

It just makes me happy!





Closeup of The upper rim
Beaded with beads I bought at  Hubble Trading Post in Arizona
My daughter and I were on our way to Hopi Reservation
She was just a little girl
I was so full of wonder
We could see
the Southern Rim of the Grand Canyon far off in the distance
from where we stood upon the Mesa.

 

A portion of the Silk Shibori Hand Dyed this past summer

This is like the canyon lands with the
Colorado River before it is dammed up
Lake Powell is 186 miles long
if I remember correctly
We used to camp and hike and swim here.



I am working to do a new beaded piece every month
join us.
Saramuz and I are doing this together
e-mail us if you want to join in!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a treat to see it and think about the mesas and the sunset. The red strap is a delight.

Magnolia Handspun said...

Holymoly!
That is a true art piece- I had to let out a little squeal when I saw the shibori you dyed...it is exquisite. Lovely touches with the beadwork...
Love the finish, oh it is truly perfect Bobbie!
I hope one day you will let me feature you and your amazing work on my blog.

Neuroknitter said...

I ditto Camilla's "Holymoly"!!! Yowza! What a beautiful piece!!! I love all the little details that went into it!! Very special indeedy!!

Carrie said...

Ooh! that is lovely, the colours are gorgeous and it looks so well made.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612