"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Yarn

Yarn

a story

(Old English gearn): An informal name for a long, rambling story--especially one dealing with adventure or tall-tales. The genre typically involves a strong narrative presence and colloquial or idiomatic English. The tone is realistic, but the content is typically fantastic or hyperbolic.Cf. ...
My life is a yarn

or tall tale

certainly an adventure

I somehow slipped into an ice-age

I didn't even realize it

it just happened

while I was busy doing other things

life is what happens to you. . .J Lennon

I had to be at the hospital

at 5:00 a.m.

It was snowing, of course

I managed to be on time

it was so cold in the hallway

it was so cold

I woke to find so much snow

I woke at home

it was so cold

I can't remember how it got this way






I dream
of
yarn and paint and books
and
friends
I dream of
you

My sketchbook project
subject: secret code
written and drawn with invisible ink
appears to be empty
but IT IS NOT

I need to wake
to send this out into the world

It is so cold

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! That photo at the top of your post is stunning. Is it a macro image of your own work? It looks like a fantasy landscape.

Patricia said...

Oh Bobbie,
Here is it also cold :(...
The heater boiler is broken.
But I'm happy that the sky is bleu today,
the snow is gone and the sun is shining!

Have a warm sunday XO

Bonnie M. Broussard said...

what a lovely word...yarn. It's cold here but not so cold as all that. it is as dark as all that. 5 days of feeling like a chicken little who's sky is not falling but rather sitting just on top of his head and grey enough that every day is like working in a florescent lit office. Midwinter is itself...that's a good thing.

Unknown said...

Cold here in the house as the furnace is still not working. Had to build a big fire in the fireplace! It is warm upstairs though and the sun came out. I too, love the word yarn. I love words with more then one meaning. And I love people who play with that idea. Kiss Kiss

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612