"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yesterday~ Shoes ~Today~ Shoes~Beading and Thread Painting

All of you who know me know how much I love my clogs. I have them in almost every color. You also know that I was swarmed by yellow jackets and fell off of the top step of my CHICKEN house. So, these are really the only shoes I can wear. He he he, this is what I always say. It is the only real splurge besides yarn and other items I need to do my artworks, I buy. My birthday is coming  so this is what I choose.
OK, so yesterday I drove for 2 hours to Cornucopia which is the only place I know besides Santa Monica, California, that carry this brand. I really just wanted to let my eyes view the vistas and to see a change of scenery.
Bead project for January
Homage to my El Naturalistas
Thread Painting 2011
in Progress
The hike off of the mountain to where my truck lives these days was amazing. The sun was shining, the sky was totally blue, the snow was crunchy, I felt I could just as easily have been in Aspen. It made the whole day .

I feel like a squirrel sometimes, I go out and hunt and bring home acorns to save for a snowy day.

What I am Thinking About
I have read a lot about you are what you think about

So, this is the why for a thread painting. Homage.Shoes. Beading it. I was going to bead one of the shoes red, but I changed my mind, I think? Red shoes have a special meaning for me. That is another story for another time.


I also bought more Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, which brings me to the topic of wanting to spend time with more variety. I like short time projects for a relief of labor intensive artworks that I seem to gravitate.I spend a lot of time preparing for the art classes I teach and that is a relief, in a way, but I want the kids to have a great art experience, so I do quite a bit to make sure that will happen. So TIME management learning to do is top on my list. I have to grab minutes here and there.


Speaking of Shoes
Hen's Teeth's blog has wonderful photographs of shoes
from a museum exhibit in Great Britain.
These shoes are embroidered and embellished beyond beyond.


As I was driving I was wondering what is up with my being so wordy, lately. Have you noticed? I promise more pictures less words. I know we don't have time to read so much,.not if we want to read books, too.


2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Don't stop being wordy. I like reading your words. Your January colors are similar to mine. I used black, gold and white for my January Bead Journal Project.

Magnolia Handspun said...

No!
I am liking the words...it draws me in.
So fun to read about your adventures as a squirrel.

So do you like Dansko?
My faves are the plain wooden clogs from Sweden(black)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612