"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I N D I G O and mourning doves


shades of days gone by dyeing


My mind is moving forward, now thinking of spring, of gardens, of dyeing. Natural Dye ingredients are top of my list. I already have many plants that are hiding, right now, under snow. I know they are there where their thoughts are of breaking through to show themselves in yet another new year. For them, snow is good. It keeps them safe.
Many bulbs are lying in wait to be the first plantings to pop-up out of the ground. Some come out way before the others. I notice so many purples are in the brave first few to show their color.

Pansies are showing where the snow has melted. I love their pretty little faces. It will be quite a while before they show with vigor and flowers.
I found a link to: http://companionplants.com/catalog/index.php . They sell seed: Indigofera tinctoria Indigo (tinctoriea). 
I had many plants of False Indigo a few years ago. The winter that year was very cold, much more cold than usual.
I plan to buy more plants of this, as well. I have many blue flowering plants. I wish to buy a blue poppy someplace this year.

Exactly one year ago today I photographed my mourning doves and made this movie which is not very good, but, I just wanted you to see my entertainment these days.
I think it should have the  music "Lime and a Coconut" 

2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I adore them. They are so curious and sweet looking. Hard to believe they are related to pigeons! Today my mourning doves kept trying to come in the house. Looking at me the way they do. Coming right up to the door and pecking. I wanted to let them in but.....oh my cat would surely eat them in a New York minute!

Roberta Warshaw said...

I think the reason they let me get so close is that my balcony is right off of my bedroom. I can literally sit on my bed with camera in hand and be 2 feet away from them. They are so used to seeing me sit there with my camera, they have no fear of me. My balcony is like one giant bird feeder!

Now Mrs. Cardinal is a different story. She sees me and leaves right away!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612