"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why Not Talk About Shibori ~ Come Along With Me

I have this book and love it
This book is one  of the first editions which I bought
one year when I was at Arrowmont
working on Surface Design.
Yoshiko Wada taught a class
in Shibori.
I use indigo to dye shibori in the warmer months.
I use Kool-Aid
when I work with children
I use commercial dyes
when it is not possible to use natural dye.
The book I like to work with is below.
We will use this book to see how I do the lining for the Georgia Mag Bag

This book "Shibori Designs and Techniques" by MandySouthan
 has wonderful photographs and
directions for shibori techniques.

I will show you how I do a technique
where I use a PVC pipe which is small enough
to fit in a dye container
on top of your stove.
Quilting thread, a piece of tape,
your iron and ironing board,
and the PVC are what you need
along with the dye, of course.
I also use white vinegar.
If you have hard water
 use water softener which is available
 in the laundry section
of your grocery store.
I buy from Dharma Trading Company
undyed silk fabric, undyed silk ribbon, and dyes

This is a preview to my next post which will follow soon.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612