"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snapshots of My Life 2


Sunday and yesterday I baked a Lemon Mousse Cake
from Victoria Magazine
March/April 2008

This is one of the best cakes you will ever taste.
There are three layers with lemon mousse between each layer and
as a base crumb coating for the frosting.

It calls for a lot of fresh squeezed lemon juice which takes a little while to
do but it makes your house smell like lemonade.
Lemon zest is added to the batter, too.
Lemon curd is piped onto the top after the frosting is applied.
Then you also pipe on more frosting
for decoration.

Finished cake
but, the reason why I did this
is. . .
To celebrate LIFE
I took this to my husband
to share with his employees.
I also set up a blog for him.
That will be fun to see!
Just because. . .
But, do you see the mirror music box above?
When my littlest grand daughter was a little baby
I used to swing her toward the mirror while the music box played
while she laughed out loud.
When she got a little older she would turn the wind-up knob
to hear the song. . . There Is A Season. . .
Turn  Turn Turn
Here I am a grandmother.
I miss my family so very much.
I have been thinking about
how short life is
how fast each day goes by
how important it is to leave something
good behind
The memories we leave behind of the life we lived
That is all there really is. . .
When people think of me 
I want it to be to remember how funny I am
funny. . .silly. . . is more like it
and how  much I cared about them.
How much I love nature
How I stuck my finger in the back of the clothes dryer(while it was still running) 
trying to fix it and cut the end of my finger off
how much I love working with children. . .
you know, things like this.

What about you?
What do you want to be remembered?


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely post. It made me all teary! Love you Bobbie....

Shirley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBIE! I agree with saraz that your post is lovely and made me teary as well. I am so happy and blessed that you are my very own sister and love you so much. Enjoy your day!
Shirley

Patricia said...

Happy birthday!!!
I will remember YOU ;)
Thank you for the present!
Big hug and kisses,
Patricia xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612