"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Bit Unclear

Last year I was told that they could not correct my vision anymore than it is.
Because I have a cataract on one eye.
You can imagine that I wanted it removed right away.
But no. . .
I must wait until it ripens?
What a funny word to use.
I bought a new camera and a macro lens.
When I want to know what something looks like 
up close with all of the magnificent detail
I hold my breath and shoot.. .
download  photo's onto my computer screen. . .
then I can see it...
every detail.

I spend much time being thankful for my eyesight.
The camera catches a moment in time
like when butterfly's flutter their wings
I see that with my eyes
my eyes do not capture that stop
in time.





How very strange the world can appear,

blending and breaking, far and near: 

friendly, a little bit unclear.

How good.

Rilke










2 comments:

Victoria said...

I am very grateful for my eyesight, and with each passing, (and now bifocaled) year, I grow more thankful.

Your shots are beautiful.

Penny Berens said...

Me too, so very grateful for my eyesight because I risked loosing it a few years ago. Wonder if you should get a second opinion. My handy hubby has had both eyes operated on for cataracts and there was never any mention of waiting for "ripening".

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612