"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

In Search of Camels

All from a few potato peelings dropped inside God's Thumbprint, now known as Burke's Garden, was it formed. This sounds a lot like a creation myth, to me.
If you can imagine a ring of mountains, verdant valley enclosed and isolated, like a crater of a volcano only very large, then you can believe this is this.
Now, consider that this fertile land in the mountains of Virginia, USA, is the home to camels and Llamas. Of course, for cattle and horses and many other type of domestic and wild animals, it is home. as well.

Why?



This marks THE spot.
Town Hall?
Many gorgeous farms live in this valley. Once, it was the home of Amish Farms.
There are many historical and original homes to see in this valley, but. . .look what I found!
So perfectly simple and elegant. This is my favorite home. It is tiny and you can see right
through it. The conscious choice of form and function in the front flower garden makes a lot of
sense to me. Check out the contemporary take on the porch chairs. 
Of course, Corn for as far as you can see.
Pristine water wanders throughout the valley. Fields of wildflowers are everywhere.
I found the Lost World! This is the home of Camels and Llamas.
If you click the photographs you can see a larger image.
I did not turn down this road. Should I have?
Over this hill is where the camels are hiding?
They are teasing me from over the hill.
I will return on a fair day very soon.

I hope this sparks curiosity for you, too?

To see what I could see. . .

Hugs 


2 comments:

Susan said...

Having grown potatoes for a few years now, I can believe almost anything of their magic!

Unknown said...

http://www.campverdegeneralstore.com/Camp_Verde/History.html

Here is where you will find the camels!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612