"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

To BE





It begins with a traditional painting which I scan into the computer.
Then Origami or folded pieces of paper are first
printed with the painting which is manipulated on the computer.
Cardboard is cut then covered after deciding the shape of the box and fabricating it.
Colored sticks hand made are placed inside the handcrafted boxes.
Then this is photographed and again manipulated,
printed on transfer paper,
then heat set onto fabric,
then backed with layers of materials
until it feels right.
Then I choose the thread colors according to original painting
to proceed to the thread painting which is done with a sewing machine.
Each piece has a time of it's own. Some take days,
some take weeks. It depends on how large the piece is and
how intricate is the painting.

This is how I work.
There is never-ending possibilities,
this is what keeps me interested,
to see what it will be.

Below is a mid point in the process
But I like these
as they are, too.
Sometimes, I add elements such as hand embroidery to my pieces
or objects.
They speak to me
to inform my intuition
of what
they
be.















2 comments:

Bobbie Casey said...

I have been receiving e-mail from readers informing me that they are not able to leave comments. I will try to find out what is up with that.
Sorry.

Penny Berens said...

An interesting process. With so many steps to take before sitting down at the sewing machine...I expect you are really familiar with your subject or design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612