"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Computer Paper Bird's Nest

When I lived in the SF Bay area, which was quite a few years ago, I found in a bush in my back yard a birds nest. This nest, I wish I still had, was full of the usual sort of nesting material with one addition. . .computer paper. You  know the kind. . .we bought these in rolls to fit in the printer which had those little pins that pulled the paper along, before the now known form of printer we all use. Remember? The kind which you had to tear off the outer strips to find a piece of paper that resembles what we use now? These little torn strips were put to good use by the birds.
I think of this nest often, believe it or not, when I consider how much and how fast our lives have changed.
Do you think about these things too?

I wonder if this would make that Chinese delicacy, Birds Nest Soup, taste any better?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612