"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pleating




It began with this:



I am inspired by Tinctory's pleated work, the extraordinary
craftsmanship, her use of natural dyes, and her photography.
When I find something amazing like this work I contemplate
upon what could I do that is my own with this inspiration.
The photograph above is the starting point for the image below.
I showed you yesterday what I did with paper. I like to do this
without knowing where I am going and with  the critical voice turned off.
I use various programs for drawing, painting, and photo manipulations.
Ultimately I will find something in that exercise that will provide the
perfect starting point for a mixed media fiber related work.
I did find that.
I am transferring the below image onto silk organza
which I think I will pleat and embroider.
I never know where I am going with this sort of project.



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Great idea. I could see that image being manipulated into a vessel, I wonder what it would look like with the white trinagles cut out and all the black and orange pieces folded upwards and stitched along their edges?

Bobbie Casey said...

Carrie, What a splendid idea. You should print out one and then try it and let us see what you do.
I love the way your artistic mind works. I always look forward to see what you might be doing that is of interest to the we out here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612