"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Is On The Table?



Raku Pottery in the first photo was done in many many steps. Each one could be the end of the piece. This was done using the coil technique and then worked with a tool and paddle to get the bowl form. It was fired many times with the last being raku. I was thinking of being down in a well and looking up at the sky when I under-painted it. Luckily it made it through all of the firings.
The bottom photo is of my table today and the things I am working on. Beading of a quilted piece and embroidery, too. I am using batik scraps to form the wacky squares.
The photo group topic of the day is blue. So. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612