"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Frustration


I have been trying for hours to upload a photo to my photo group and I keep getting a little RED X! This is a waste of my life energy. I think I have just so much to use before I am all used up. I am sort of joking.

It has been really hot this week. Popsicle mania in living color. I think one flavor tastes like perfume. So I give those to my honey when I get one. He likes them so it is OK.  Living my life as I try to do with some thought about what I choose to do, is pretty funny, too. I am pulled in directions like a piece of an Abba Zabba Bar.
I love those. The only place I can find them is in Asheville, NC at the country store place?? I need to make a trip, soon. Anyway, I need to be a rubber band instead because they snap back into shape immediately. I just get worn out.
I am looking at the two photographs above. One is perfectly focused and the other is treated with a diffusion treatment. I always go for focus. So it is really hard for me to do something like I did, above. But, the doll which I have posted before is so fantastical that I thought that would make it more interesting.
I have been listening to a great book, The Greater Journey by David McCullough, It is about artists, writers, etc. who went to Europe at the time when many Europeans were migrating here. It takes place in the 1800's to 1900 or there about. Fascinating. I feel as if I am walking beside some of the "great one's" I admire, to experience what they did. A lot of the story takes place in Paris. I have walked everywhere in Paris and loved every minute. I would like to visit there again, soon. I especially love the book stalls along the river.
My point about this is that the doll I made is felted wool and embellished. I was thinking French when I did this.

So, now I am leaving this open door and heading outside to work. I hope you all have a very great the rest of the weekend time!

1 comment:

hens teeth said...

Really enjoyed my visit here...so much of interest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612