"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, June 13, 2011

Thread Painting and Cuneiform



  


Have you ever wanted to be THE one who might solve a problem that no one else can solve?
There are a few languages which we see as pictures or artifacts in a museum somewhere. Or mathematical riddles as yet unsolved that might be in a book we read.
A replica of a clay tablet which is believed to have notations or records of perhaps items sold in a market place is within my collected items related to language, along with a poster of the Rosetta Stone.
These concepts bring me to a curious state of mind. If only I were  to live to be 400 years old I might have enough time to be THE one solver of a question. But, alas, I will not live that long. So,
I think about these things and use these ideas for creative fodder.
File:Nazca monkey.jpg
Nasca Lines

Uppermost photo of a thread painting which was done by hand using a machine influenced by this topic.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612