"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Should I Listen? Chile Volcano


My conscious intention is not what actually dictates how I do something, it is the starting point.The process of creating is interesting in itself. I follow some blogs of creative people with curiosity. I am intrigued by what may
influence the choices they make. I like to see what the beginning point for them might be and how their art or craft is executed in the complete form.
I think that what I really teach children is just how to be creative, how to problem solve, which affects everything in our lives. I give permission to explore the entire bank of knowledge we humans have gathered. I give permission to use any tool or resource they can find.
I take my own advice, most of the time.
I am amazed, once in a while, when I discover something which relates to what I am trying to do. I might have a clear idea then it is a matter of completion. When I keep my options open and do discover something else related to my vision I must decide what to do about that.
Well, I found yesterday that a volcano is erupting in Chile. This has changed my mind a little bit. The process of letting go of something is always thought provoking. I took the image I did the other day and altered it. See above.
The best part of all of this is that it is influenced by my life. I am open and curious. It is the concept, after all.
How about you? How do you do that?
 















1 comment:

tikjewit said...

I love to work with coincidence; never knowing excáctly where to go, so the result is always kind of a surprise for me as well. Dont know why, thats just how i do things. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612