"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Let's take a walk!

Today the dryness of the weather, the sunshine, and the fact that my Hollyhock is blooming, gives reason to think of staying in Santa Fe at a B&B. The galleries in Santa Fe are most inspiring. I love the painting galleries most definitely. Some of the artwork I have bought through the years come from these.
I love to buy and wear Santa Fe style clothing and jewelry, silver and turquoise, for sure. Above is an ear-wire thing (by that I mean it is a wire that slips over your ear) that has pottery shards and beads which were gathered in the area by an artist. I bought this many years ago and still love to look at it.
The Acoma Reservation is about 100 miles Southwest of Santa Fe. It is such a wonderful place to visit. It is built upon a Mesa which can only be reached by a tribal vehicle, now. Unless, of course, you live there. I have visited many times. As a matter of fact the pottery I collect is from a world class potter who came from this amazing place.. I plan to do a post about this topic very soon. Lucy Lewis's work I have studied. Her techniques were amazing in that she made her pots in her kitchen at Acoma and fired them nearby. More later.
I think I need to put on my walking Mary Jane's and wander through the streets and breath the crackle clean air, eat at the Pink Adobe, see what is new and interesting, and just be. Of course, it will all be in my mind.
I think I will dye silk fabric today in the colors of the Southwest.

1 comment:

Neuroknitter said...

I love that image...sweet bokeh, too!! Can't wait to see the silk you dye! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612