"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, June 6, 2011

When That Little Voice is Quiet


Today I am thinking about how I would have loved being Marco Polo.
The fascination I harbor for the Silk Road leads me to books and to the 
study of textiles. I personally love all natural fibers. I always choose wool, 
or silk, or linen, and cotton. I grow flax in my garden. Not enough to do
any major production, but it is interesting to see how to do these sort of 
chores. And it is a lot of work to end up with a fiber to spin into cloth.
I am thankful for the fact that I can trade for these things. By trade I mean
using money that is earned in some other way.
I think about beads, too, that is a story in itself. I wonder over how someone
probably accidentally discovered glass and then someone figured out how to
get holes through these tiny little beads. I study about glass and beads, too.
It is nice to have an appreciation for the objects we choose and an 
understanding of the materials gathered.
This is what I think about while I am busy doing other things.
White on white is the topic in photography today.
That little voice inside my head is not telling me what to do.
I wish it would.
The macro lens I ordered should be here sometime this week.
That will be a huge help.The lenses come from Japan. . 
This is always on my mind, the Japanese people.
So in the meantime, I am working on the pleated piece and doing
some beading on this other piece.







2 comments:

Neuroknitter said...

I love white on white!

Which macro lens are you getting? I'm so excited for you...I heart macro lenses!! :)

Claire said...

Lovely photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612