"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where Will I Go?

Remember?
The organdy is being pleated while my mind is going a million miles
a minute. I love it when the possibilities come shining through.
This piece will have layers I think.
It is all taking on a life of it's own, 

 
Basketry forms scream they want in on this, too.


Some fine tulle in black, I think, is speaking to me.
I sit here with my morning coffee while the day is coming on it's way.
Changes come in light and temperature while I contemplate this work
that is telling me where to go. I am thinking that this organdy is the perfect
fabric to accept this transfer, that the creases hold so nicely. I am thinking of
the semi-transparent nature of this fiber piece and how I might use that to my 
advantage. The form that is emerging as I pleat and clamp and begin to stitch 
is intriguing. 
I see what this wants to be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612