"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." -The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Seriously



Inspiration comes from strange places, every now and then, at least it does for me. Who would think that reading a recipe in a cookbook would inspire pure play? You know what I  mean? That feeling of butterflies in your stomach when you were going out on a first date with your dreamboat? Or, sailing to Catalina in a very nice size sailing vessel with just four people along for a nice little cruise for dinner? Or knowing that you will be at your favorite bookstore right on Venice Beach where the guy with the white turban sings his heart out to amaze? Or you pop into his private jet and fly to the river for a weekend of boating and water skiing? Or sailing to that island for a day of para-sailing and picnic in Acapulco?  It all started with Jicama!
Jicama and Lime and Cayenne pepper and fresh cilantro and  Sea Salt chilled nicely after being cut into spears or the shape of a very large french fry. Such a refreshing treat on a hot summer day! I love veggies to graze upon. Do you?
So, that recipe led my mind to wandering around old memories. That led to pure play with photographs.
I see, now, that my thoughts came out in the above photograph. I see a little bit of those times and places.
I now have butterflies in my stomach and pitter patter in my heart and happiness of a life lived well.
I hope something sparks joy for you all on this Sunday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Le Petit Prince Is Who Eye am Beside on B612